Admittedly, I’m a bit of a kit junkie. Yeah, I’ll collect scarves, but for me, jerseys are where its at. So, as 2020 is upon us, I took a look at national team kits on World Soccer Shop to see which are my picks for the Top 5 Coolest national team jerseys available right now.
5. Mexico WNT 2019 – This is an oldie, but a goodie. I love the concept of the black on black jersey, which is a huge departure from the traditional green jerseys for El Tri. Inside the neck, is printed “Soy Mexico,” which is a salute to the country’s great team.
4. France WNT 2019. This is Les Bleues Away jersey and it is tight! The hexagon patterns are a nod to French style, while the slogan, “Nos Differences Nous Unissent” (Our Differences Unite Us) is printed inside the collar.
3. Japan 2020 Home Jersey. This is a big switchup from Japan’s World Cup kit, which a camouflaged cloud and sky pattern. Japan has had a number of stellar kits and this continues that tradition. A solid blue back keeps the design in line and the subtle red stripes on the side are classic Adidas.
2. Wales 2020 Home Jersey. This kit has such an incredible retro feel, with a super simple design, classy cuffs and bold colors. Can’t wait to see what the goalie’s kit will look like, if it follows this template. It’s enough to make Gareth Bale say, “Wales. National Kit. Golf. Madrid.”
1. USWNT 2019 Four-Star Jersey. How was this not going to be the number one on my list? Seeing that fourth, gold star centered above the crest is enough to keep you dreaming of the USWNT’s upcoming Olympic run and the 2023 World Cup run. So good.